Office Interior D&B
London | Office based
Jak is working with our client in search for an experienced and detail-oriented Technical Designer to join their London team.
In this role, you will analyse designs and evaluate their feasibility, whilst ensuring that the product design is in accordance with the specifications of the client. You will be responsible for collaborating with the designers, suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure high-quality outcomes.#
You should possess excellent technical acumen and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects.
Ideal candidates should be deadline-driven, have a keen eye for detail, and demonstrate sound knowledge of the fit-out industry.
- Collaborate with designers, suppliers, sub-contractors and clients to ensure that technical specifications are viable and in line with the agreed specification
- Ensure all products conform to company standards and brand values and are of a high-quality
- Analyse designs and determine required technical solutions
- Implement design changes and make contingency plans when required.
- Visit manufacturers and suppliers and report back to the team
- Ensure the project meets its deadlines
- Collaborate with designers to ensure designs align with national and local building codes
- Assist in project co-ordination, timelines, and on-site observations
- Keep up with the latest design trends and regulations
- Contribute to procurement efforts and minimise rework
- Maintain the balance between technical aspects and design intent
- Be involved in space planning, M&E concepts, lighting and finishes
Skills / Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical design, or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience as Technical Designer or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of fit-out
- Proficient in using CAD software
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines while maintaining quality
- Skilled at multitasking across multiple projects
- Strong problem-solving skills and a creative mindset for on-site challenges
- Understanding of collaborating with other specialties, like M&E and joinery
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain technical changes to the design team
- Deadline-driven and committed to quality
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational/time management skills
- Ability to work in a team or individually as and when required
- Strong decision-making skills
About Jak’s Commitment:
Jak is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace environment that embraces diversity. We value individuals from various backgrounds, including age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. We believe that diverse teams contribute to exceptional performance and innovation. Our ethical responsibility is to create an atmosphere where individuals from all backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.
Due to the high volume of applications, Jak aims to respond to each application personally. If you do not receive communication within a week, please understand that your application might not have been successful this time.