(holiday package : 37 days : 8 bank holidays + 28 annual leaves +1 birthday day)
London | Office based
Jak is working with an exciting high-energy F&B brand to recruit for their in-house design team. The brand currently operates in 5 countries and they are moving into their next ambitious growth phase. With plans for expansion in existing locations and new continents over the next 3 years, our client are seeking talented individuals to join their team.
The company has a remarkable track record, having opened 23 restaurants and Europe’s largest food court within the last 8 years. Their mission is to create authentic homemade cuisine that is accessible to all, served in beautifully designed spaces with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. To ensure the delivery of exceptional experiences, our client has established an in-house design team consisting of 14 designers. This team is responsible for crafting the most captivating and innovative spaces in the world.
This is an unique opportunity to work on iconic and highly creative projects, with full involvement from concept to completion. With upcoming openings planned in 7 countries within the next 3 years, this is an exhilarating time to join and contribute to the company’s growth and success. There is ample scope for personal development and career advancement.
This role is dynamic and demanding, making it an ideal fit for individuals who are genuinely hardworking and creative. You will be part of a friendly and collaborative team, where your input and ideas will be highly valued and encouraged. The company has a distinct ethos and style, requiring confidence and boldness in your work, along with a genuine passion for their vision.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 3 years of experience in either hospitality, residential design, or a similar relevant field. A comprehensive understanding of project management and delivery is crucial for this role.
As a Middle Weight Interior Designer, you will collaborate with the Senior Designer on various projects, taking them from concept development to implementation. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting space planning and creating detailed technical drawing packs, encompassing expertise in joinery, furniture, and construction detailing.
- Assisting in the delivery of a compelling design concept and creative vision through sketches and visualizations, while adhering to budget and technical constraints.
- Staying abreast of current style trends within the restaurant industry and beyond.
- Establishing effective communication channels with the design team, contractors, and in-house Construction and Operations team.
- Supporting regular site visits to monitor project progress.
- Demonstrating a strong knowledge and understanding of finishes and materials.
- Maintaining excellent communication and collaboration with the FF&E team.
- Assisting in on-site dressing and installation phases.
- Contributing to handover processes, including providing a full maintenance and care guide, gathering project feedback, and addressing any snagging issues.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or similar software.
- Excellent skills in SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), and Microsoft Office.
- Strong ability in freehand sketching.
- A keen eye for colour and materials.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong individual work ethic, coupled with effective teamwork skills.
- A pragmatic approach with exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Creative, quick and technical.
- Demonstrated initiative, coupled with the ability to follow instructions effectively.