Technical Designer. London. Contract 4-6 months.
The role of a Technical Designer will be varied and challenging, each day will be different.
- You will be key in taking the concept and scope of works and translating this into a coherent pack of information to take to site.
- To be competent in the use of Autocad products 2018 or later, Microsoft Office and ideally InDesign (not essential)
- Site surveys and translate into accurate base CAD drawings
- Space planning, and modifying proposed space plan into surveyed space
- Statutory approvals awareness of current legislation and assisting in applying this with Concept designers, designs at an early stage of the project.
- Liaison with Concept, pre-contract and Contracts teams, to ensure build-ability and timely delivery of production information to achieve project goals.
- To produce a drawing register with delivery dates in co-ordination with the Pre-Con and PM teams. To identify all drawings required, and timescales within which to produce. Practical approach to be taken when determining the extent of technical drawings.
- Produce full construction pack of drawings including Ga’s, Details, door schedules and associated issue sheets, for client sign off and construction purposes
- Detailed design and development on CAD system, including general arrangement drawings, reflected ceiling, floor plan furniture layouts and associated drawings, for a fully co-ordinated package.
- Maintain accurate design records and drawing issue sheets and registers.
- Compilation of drawn O&M information including site surveyed Record Drawings
- You will be required to attend both Sub-contractor and Client meetings and play a proactive role in these when the project is on site (weekly), communication both drawn and verbal are key.
- From time to time production of presentation montage boards, ensuring good liaison and co-ordination for the designs that you are responsible for, with other team members specification details and budgets.
- Liaison with sub-contractors and suppliers in relation to technical details, availability of product and cost information when working to budgets. Co-ordinate 3rd party drawings into our scheme, mech, lighting, small power, AV etc
- Compliance with CDM and Health & Safety Regulations and Design Risk Registers
- Ensure all Building Control, Local Authority and other Statutory submissions are made on a timely basis.
- Produce planning and heritage applications where necessary for the works.
- Be pro-active in seeking solutions and acquiring relevant 3rd party information to ensure we have fully co-ordinated drawing packs.
- Above all to take this job description as our minimum expectation, to work over and beyond our minimum expectation in order to achieve the success that is available to you within our business.
Or share this job: