Senior Associate Designer. £60k +. London.
Our client based in Farringdon are seeking a highly creative and conceptual Design Associate. They are seeing someoe with ambition and drive and become a crucial part of their international, award winning design team.
They are looking for someone to take the lead on the luxury sector, which currently includes overseeing all refurbishment projects of a large hotel project they embarked on 3 years ago. You will also have the opportunity to pick up the reigns on their first ever private members club in Mayfair and a successive club and townhouse offer in Edinburgh.
What you’ll do.
- Build and lead a team as required to deliver the projects allocated to you. You’ll manage designers from junior to senior levels, supporting your team and inspiring them to think creatively and strategically about challenges and limitations within the project realm. You’ll be responsible for your team’s deliverables and managing their workload
- Think proactively about the team and the design process, seek out new inspiration sources, challenge the norm and be at the forefront of hospitality design
- Lead and inspire high quality design documentation from concept generation through tender to construction documentation
- Work closely with the Design Director and the FF&E Associate at the concept stage and throughout the design documentation process to collectively deliver a cohesive project
- Be a positive role model to your team, rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck into the detail
What they are looking for…
- A meticulous designer with an eye for detail and an interest in high end hospitality projects
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in the UK
- Regular team get togethers, from our weekly drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties…we know how to have a good time!
- Commercial awareness, an ability to deliver quality within the constraints of realistic budgets
- Comfortable working in a client capacity, making sensible decisions for the good of the business
- Someone highly organised and able to juggle multiple projects effectively with a positive attitude
- An excellent relationship builder, comfortable leading and motivating others and influencing with and without authority; a confident communicator who inspires trust
- A natural mentor, you know how to create an environment that allows people to be themselves and gets the best out of them
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
What’s in it for you…
- 25 days holiday (and bank holidays), plus pension, a competitive salary
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up across a diverse, global family of brands
- Training and Development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Free lunch before payday as a treat at the end of the month
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
Or share this job: