London | Office based
Jak is working together with an amazing design and build company. They are experts in delivering innovative workplace solutions and are committed to quality and design excellence. Their attention to detail, from design concept to project execution, has consistently exceeded expectations, resulting in successful and impactful collaborations. This company is the go-to partner for transforming spaces into vibrant, functional, and inspiring environments.
The Project Coordinator role is an overarching position that spans the project lifecycle. It involves interaction and coordination with all disciplines within the business unit to ensure the functional and harmonious design and delivery of projects, ultimately contributing to the successful operation of the business unit.
- Take minutes in weekly internal meetings, note deliverables, and follow up accordingly.
- Coordinate team calendars to schedule meetings.
- Organize team social events/client events as instructed.
- Coordinate and submit Managing Director’s expenses.
- Procure and schedule deliveries, both for project procurement and site management requirements, as per team needs.
- Own and manage the team portal, ensuring the upload of relevant information to keep it current.
- Own and manage the Project Tracker with relevant information, supporting the Commercial Director in ensuring company-wide shared information is accurate on a frequent basis.
- Undertake quality control on all submission documents.
- Ensure teams are working to submission deadlines by providing clear communication and chasing when necessary.
- Schedule Internal Submission Review meetings within 7 days of a document being submitted, using the confirmed template.
- Lead/chair Submission Review meetings and take notes.
- Initiate the drafting of a feedback survey/send a feedback survey (TBC), which will be sent out post-submission/pitch/project completion to clients.
- Design Risk Assessment: Once contract signing is complete, chase the designer to perform the DRA.
- Manage content submission.
- Coordinate submission content formatting and inputting by the graphics team.
- QC submission content.
- Review and outline submission requirements.
- Chair submission workshops.
- Manage deliverables against submission timelines.
- H&S File/Site setup.
- BIM 360 portal Project setup and ongoing management, troubleshooting any issues with users (designers, subcontractors, and Site Managers) as they arise.
- Regularly engage with Site Managers to arrange couriers for any drawings, IT, files, documents, and stationary needed onsite.
- QC and Prepare Weekly Project Reports, including collating and validating all submitted information (not checking content, only sense-checking).
- Manage small orders and accessory procurement and delivery.
- Procurement administration, including obtaining invoices and quotes and ensuring alignment with relevant stated costs where necessary.
- Organize project closeout administration procedures.
- Prepare Handover book in advance of PC Date, including obtaining:Commissioning Certificates.
- Building Control Approval Letters.
- Draft O&M Link.
- Handover Checklist Preparation.
- Coordinate with the client project team on O&M requirements.
- Liaise with subcontractors on submission deadlines.
- Liaise with the appointed O&M consultant to ensure deadlines are being maintained.
- Organize and minute lessons learned meetings.
- Manage PQQ submission process for all new subcontractors and suppliers.
- Monitor and chase up pre-construction checklist progress.
- Chase and Prepare LTA and Contractors Proposal packs in the correct format (including QC).
- Minute kick-off meetings and circulate them to the wider project team.
- QC pre-construction project minutes.
- Coordinate key internal milestone meetings with the project team to align with internal processes.
- Organize site visits.
- Prepare RFI and PQQ submissions for business unit submissions.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in a team with a sales context.
- A clear understanding of standard company work practices.
- A clear understanding of the Design & Build project lifecycle.
- Proficiency in using Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Able to work under pressure, proactive, and hardworking.
- Good communicator.
- Independent, capable of working autonomously while also being a team player.
- Diligent and detail-oriented.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to occasionally interact with clients in a polite and professional manner.
- Ability to make sound judgments and quick decisions.
- Strong project coordination skills.