Office Based |
Jak is working together with an internationally acclaimed design studio to seek for an experienced office managers to ensure the smooth running of their Studio. They are looking for someone with an extremely high level of attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and a personable disposition.
This role requires strong, reliable support for operations as well as maintaining employee safety. The Office Manager will help in achieving organisational efficiency by nurturing a positive work environment. The Office Manager reports directly to the CEO on a weekly basis.
- Managing the Studio IT (including support, maintenance and liaising with external IT company)
- Managing all IT hardware & software, including laptops, iPads, TV, etc.
- Managing printers & copiers; ensuring day to day working
- Managing all communications related subscriptions (such as Zoom, Teams and others)
- Cataloguing and maintaining accurate files of all IT and electronic items
- Setting up new starters as required and closing out leavers as required
2. Office Security/Emergencies/Health & Safety:
- Overseeing the Studio H&S (including assessments, compliance and staff training)
- Performing Health & Safety induction for new starters
- Overseeing the Studio fire system (including extinguishers, compliance and staff training)
- Maintaining the Studio security systems and alarms
- Acting as the main point of contact for Studio key holder
- Managing all staff keys
- Ensuring all PPE is maintained and up-to-date
- Overseeing the Studio emergency and disaster recovery information
3. Office contracts/Leases/Maintenance:
- Overseeing the general Studio maintenance – walls, furniture, showers, etc.
- Liaising with the Landlord, Electrician, Contractors, Handyman, Plumber etc. as needed
- Managing contracts – cleaners, security, maintenance, printers, mobile phones etc.
- Overseeing the general Studio spending for supplies and office related stock
- Quarterly meetings with FD to review office spending forecast
- Collating monthly expenses reports and submitting to the finance team
- Managing the Receptionist and their daily workload
- Managing the reception coverage (liaising with HR when temps are needed)
- Booking meeting rooms, setting up rooms and providing refreshments as required
- Greeting guests – offering refreshments etc
- Handling post (including Royal Mail and individual couriers – booking shipments, arranging collections and distributing post)
- Ensuring the Studio areas are kept tidy on a daily basis (including all storage areas)
- Managing and ordering inventory supplies – stationary, bathroom and kitchen
- Ensuring all stationary, shower and kitchen stock is replenished throughout the day
7. New York
- Liaising with the Office Manager in NY to ensure the two studios are managed in the same way
- Overseeing the opening/closing of the main Studio in mornings/evenings (turning on lights, opening windows and locks, etc.)
- Overseeing the monthly staff drinks event and breakfast morning
- Overseeing staff leaving/baby/anniversary gifts
- Providing coverage for Receptionist and PA as needed and when on holiday
- Liaising with all company entities as needed (New York, Company Holdings, And Objects, Art Consultancy etc.)
- Assisting with any ad hoc duties as requested