As the Mid-Weight Technical Designer, you will be reporting directly to the Creative Director of the Group and will be an integral part of the design team, managing future junior members of staff.
You will have the ability to influence external stakeholders and assist contractor meetings and assist with team development.
The duties and responsibilities include:
• Liaising with the client, contractors, and sub-contractors on site.
• Extensive knowledge of build control requirements.
• Coordinate design outputs.
• Organise the sequencing of design information into packages and take leadership role in settling design details.
• Lead the production of delivery/construction documents with the support of Junior designers.
• Contribute and ‘pitch-in’ where needed in various projects as a valued member of a cross-functional team.
• Continually enhancing depth and breadth of design skills, staying current with external market.
• Be able to manage 4-5 projects at one given time.
• You be able to develop all CAD plans required to deliver a project.
• Managing junior members of the team – technicians.
• Work closely with creative designers, site managers, project managers and cost consultants.
Your qualification, skills & experience:
• Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD.
• Understanding of process management.
• Experience in workplace projects – new build and fitout.
• Workplace technical design experience.
• Professional and business proficiency.
• Passionate for design.
• Background in Design & Build.
• Demonstrated willingness to develop existing skills and learn new ones in order to contribute to the team, support our clients and grow within the business.
• You will be positive and energetic while working under pressure and managing multiple deadlines.
• You are a true collaborator, able to create good relationships with those around you and have a desire to learn and understand how our business works.
What’s on offer:
• Workplace pension scheme after 3 months.
• Possible flexible working arrangements.
• Opportunity to join a successful business with a real team culture.