Mid-weight designer. £30-£40k. London.
- Undertake site survey work to produce base build drawings, apply for building control and create design risk registers for each project.
- Present design schemes in the format of mood boards and visuals to support the sales team’s successful award of projects and retention of clients.
- Work closely alongside the pre-construction and Project Directors to adhere to specification details and budgets.
- To pitch design solutions to clients either on your own or as part of an integrated team.
- Ensure good client liaison and co-ordination for the designs you are responsible for and offer exceptional client service through speed, transparency and honesty.
- Contact with sub-contractors and suppliers in relation to technical details, availability of product and cost information when working to budgets.
- Compile O&M information including as-builts and finishes schedules.
- To openly share your views with the wider team and participate in the success strategy of the business. Undertake research into new products, finishes, furniture, exhibitions and trends for the design team.
- On specific projects the designer will act as account manager, taking a brief from the client, developing the concept for presentation, preparing the specification and cost plan and managing the project through to a successful completion. Assistance will be given by the Small and Medium Enterprise Manager to develop this aspect.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as Project Designer
- A strong working proficiency in AutoCad, Photoshop, Sketch-up and InDesign
- Skills in showing ideas through hand sketches preferred, or the use of Sketch Up to express ideas to collaborate with visualisers and precontracts
- Creative skills that are focused and can work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced industry
- Working towards specified fit-out and furniture budgets
- Understanding of how design concepts can be translated into technical packages
- Some knowledge of the legislative issues within the industry
- Confident personality, with team player attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
Or share this job: