Interior Designer – Junior
(Commercial Workplace Design)
London | Office based
Working together with an global firm in the commercial workplace sector, Jak is seeking for a junior interior designer to join this exciting company. As a key member of their design team, you will contribute to various projects and gain valuable experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with Project Leads and design colleagues to troubleshoot and provide creative solutions throughout all stages of the design process, from concept to completion.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines and delivering high-quality work with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Contribute to client presentations and project meetings, occasionally acting as a liaison between clients and the design team.
- Support the team by preparing materials for client presentations, including concepts, spatial layouts, mood boards, and FF&E selection.
- Prepare technical drawing packs for tender and produce detailed construction documentation and schedules.
- Ensure adherence to client budgets and promptly inform the Project Manager/Lead Designer of any potential variances.
- Review construction work on-site, respond to RFI’s (Requests for Information), attend site progress meetings, and liaise with project managers and contractors.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a workplace design firm.
- Proven degree in architecture, interior design, engineering, or a related field.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey ideas and concepts. Knowledge of UK building regulations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced project environment, demonstrating the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Revit is essential.
- A team player mentality, comfortable working collaboratively as well as independently.
Jak is deeply committed to establishing an all-encompassing workplace environment for our clients that fosters and values diversity. Companies that embrace diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective have demonstrated exceptional performance. Above all, it is our ethical responsibility to cultivate an atmosphere where individuals from any background can thrive and reach their fullest potential.
Due to the high volume of applications received for advertised opportunities, Jak sincerely endeavours to respond to each application in a personalized manner. However, if you do not receive any communication within a week, we advise that your application may not have been successful on this occasion.