Office Based |
Our client is seeking for a Document Controller to join their team. The Document Controller will work closely with project teams and the project administrator/coordinator to ensure accurate distribution, collection, record-keeping, dispatch, and storage of incoming and outgoing digital information through the company’s web-based electronic document management system. You will be reporting to Project Leads for Corporate Interior and Architecture.
• Establish a working Common Data Environment (CDE) for all significant projects within our client’s London office during relevant RIBA stages. This will involve using tools such as SharePoint and BIM360 Docs based on templates.
• Maintain and enhance project CDEs to ensure compliance with agreed protocols.
• Provide support, advice, and guidance/training to the project delivery team on the use of appropriate tools.
• Attend project meetings as required.
• Produce and update Task/Master Information Delivery Plans/Information registers as project information is transmitted.
• Maintain and update relevant information standards in accordance with project protocols.
• Ensure document control quality assurance for information produced by the project team.
• Ensure accurate and complete metadata when working in the project’s Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
• Manage multiple projects and effectively allocate time.
• Record receipt of incoming information (drawings, reports, specifications, etc.).
• Monitor and collect marked-up drawings in a timely manner.
• Issue and track the return of comments to the original issuer.
• Liaise with project teams regarding information exchange.
• File digital and hard copies (as received and issued).
Abilities and Qualities required:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry.
• Proficiency in using online EDMS systems such as Acconex, Asite, Viewpoint, and BIM360 Docs.
• Solid understanding of SharePoint and proficiency in the MS Office suite (Excel is a must).
• Familiarity with processes related to information exchange (ISO19650).
• Strong communication skills when collaborating with internal and external project teams.
• Knowledge of Autodesk Construction Cloud services, including Design Collaboration, is an advantage.
• Knowledge of Autodesk Revit is an advantage.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and take initiative.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Assertiveness in ensuring that information is accurately received, commented upon, and returned on time.#
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds. They value the experiences, perspectives, and solutions that a diverse workforce brings, as it best serves their clients, community, and enriches their work environment.