Our client has been delivering office design and office refurbishment projects in London for over 30 years. They have a team of 100 in-house workplace experts with a wide range of clients which includes some well-known commercial brands.
You will be responsible for supporting the Project Management team to deliver high quality, snag free Commercial Office fit-out projects, on time and on budget for well-respected, well-established clients.
Whilst in the role, you will have full exposure and involvement from the pre-construction/planning stage right through to handover. You will assist the wider Project Management team with ensuring all projects are delivered safely and to a high standard to ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- Assisting the team with the production of construction phase H&S plans
- Assisting the team with the procurement, including tender analysis
- Assisting in project start up and preconstruction stages.
- Assisting in the daily control, management, and coordination of site activity
- Development of construction programmes using MS Projects
- Keeping a detailed schedule of works and works done, and taking an active role is setting out works.
- Review of construction drawings
- Attending and contributing to site progress meetings with sub-contractors, whilst learning how to run effective meetings and minute them.
- Dealing with any problems on site and monitoring risks
- Ensuring health & safety is adhered to, including site inspections, and conducting site inductions.
- Creation of snag lists for practical completion
- Learning how to control costs and price variations.
- Creation of construction contracts and understanding the key terms
- Understanding of real site issues and improve build knowledge.
Knowledge & experience
- Able to take ownership for projects and work to time limits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and mange a busy workload.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Have achieved a Construction Management or Project Management Degree
Personal Skills required
- A minimum of 12 months experience in Construction Project Management.
- Experience of working in Commercial Office Interiors industry.