Commercial Interior Design Sector | Officed Based |
Our client has been a leading force in transforming office spaces since 1995. As a central London-based company they hold the top position for high-end office fit-outs in the UK. Their expertise lies in delivering cutting-edge office spaces for landlords, co-working operators, and end-user tenants, creating unparalleled workspace experiences that drive exceptional performance. With a dynamic team of designers, builders, and strategists, their ultimate goal is to inspire people to achieve amazing things through the spaces they create. You will be reporting to Group Commercial Finance Director.
The Commercial Finance Assistant will report directly to the Commercial Finance Director and play a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing the business’s financial capabilities. The primary responsibility will be to provide robust, consistent, and insightful commercial reporting to drive profitable growth. The ideal candidate for this role is highly motivated, driven to achieve challenging objectives, and can approach tasks with exceptional organization.
- Prepare and distribute project financial reports on a weekly basis.
- Analyse project reporting and provide commentary on changes in Profit, Cash, and project health.
- Assist in processing weekly & monthly sub-contractor and supplier payment runs.
- Manage the billing process to ensure timely invoicing and receipt collection.
- Provide Revenue & Profit recognition schedules for month-end close to facilitate WIP postings.
- Collaborate with Commercial Managers & Project Managers across all business units to ensure accurate commercial reporting and forecasting.
- Resolve invoice queries to ensure accurate cost capture within budgets.
- Assist the Commercial Finance Director in maintaining and managing company cash flow.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and analysis for the Commercial Finance Director and Group COO, as needed.
- Continuously review and improve processes and procedures to meet the business’s financial control requirements.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Comfortable thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where problem-solving is a norm.
- Possesses a positive attitude, energy, drive, and a “can-do” attitude; demonstrates initiative.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with non-financial stakeholders.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in the construction industry would be advantageous.
- Approximately 2 years of experience in accounting or finance, preferably in project accounting.
- Part Qualified or studying towards AAT / CIMA / ACCA is a plus.
If you are looking to join a passionate team that values creativity, excellence, and the power of innovative office spaces, this role offers an exciting opportunity for growth and impact. Apply now to be a part of creating inspiring spaces that fuel greatness in individuals and organizations alike.