Our client specialise in the refurbishment and fit out of commercial office and industrial units throughout London and the South East of England. Their business ethos is centred on building trust and working in partnership with their clients and subcontractors to deliver successful projects.
This role is responsible for managing multiple projects and ensuring that all work carried out meets or exceeds the clients’ expectations. Assuming full responsibility for the work, the project manager is involved from inception to handover, ensuring they deliver on time and within budget. They work closely with the site managers to ensure they’re communicating effectively with clients, site agents and sub-contractors to update on progress and they take a solution led approach to resolving problems.
• Manage projects, liaising with the client and sub-contractors to ensure that work is carried out to the agreed specification and time scale;
• Conduct site visits as needed and/or agreed with the client and/or site manager;
• Prioritise different elements of the project as necessary within the overall programme of works;
• Ensure the project is managed in line with the construction plans and that monitoring and evaluation reporting, including RAMS, are in place and adhered to;
• Ensure Health & Safety procedures in place and adhered to;
• Monitor resource budgets;
• Liaise with colleagues in the office to keep them informed of progress including issues as they arise and agree site manager allocation across all projects;
• Use systems to accurately record relevant information.
• Extensive experience of project management in the commercial office and industrial refurbishment and fit out industry, working on projects valued between £50k and £1.5m;
• Demonstrable ability to understand construction phase plans and risk and method statements (RAMS);
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people at all levels both on site and client side;
• Ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines and make decisions under pressure;
• Good attention to detail and ability to produce accurate, up to date information;
• Proven experience of managing sub-contractors on site;
• Excellent problem-solving skills;
• Flexible approach and commitment to working as part of a team;
• Significant experience of using databases including Microsoft Project and Excel;
• Completed Site Management (SMSTS), First Aid at Work and Asbestos Awareness training;
• Must hold a Black CSCS card and a current driving licence;
• A relevant qualification, eg an NVQ in a related field would be beneficial but is not essential.
Role: Project Manager
Reports to: Director
Role type: Full-time, permanent
Or share this job:
The Business Development Researcher position will be responsible for:
- Generating new client leads using accurate and up to date database information specifically across the City and West End markets.
- Maintaining internal database for the team and ensuring absolute accuracy at all times.
- Generating leads for the senior Business Development Managers to book appointments from.
- Making telephone contact to pre-qualify leads whilst adding additional information to the database.
- Working towards and achieving daily and monthly call time targets and deadlines.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as required by the Business Development Director.
- Contribute to a fun, dynamic and successful business development team.
- Previous experience of research within a highly competitive industry.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships.
- Basic telesales training is essential.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Exceptional career advancement opportunities available for the right candidate.
Or share this job: