Interior Design Technical Support – London
Our client is a leading architecture, design, and planning firm, with 5,000+ staff in 46 locations around the world. Their work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
The London office is seeking an outstanding Interior Design Technical Support candidate to act as a support in all aspects to their studio members within one of their Workplace interior teams.
Reports to: Studio Director
Required to support the technical design effort for workplace interiors projects across various sectors.
The candidate should be passionate about developing the best details to realise the creative potential for each project. This will include working with a wide range of styles and materials. A strong attention to detail and outstanding technical acumen is required and joinery detailing experience is preferred for these complex design projects. An ability to work collaboratively and excellent organisational skills are a must. The candidate must be both self-starter and team player able to organise multiple consultants and trades towards common design solutions in timely fashion.
- Assist Technical Coordinator in gathering information, site documentation, surveys and inventories.
- Assist Technical Coordinator if required in preparation of briefing documents.
- Attend project meeting at the discretion of the Technical Coordinator.
- Prepare as required, drawings including plans, elevations, details and 3D sketches.
- Prepare study models and build polyboard mock-ups
- Assist design team in preparing graphic presentations for clients
- Research issues and items assigned by the Technical Coordinator.
- Support design team as required in drawing tasks and preparation of specifications and schedules.
Experience & Qualifications
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCad is essential
- Ability to quickly absorb company standards and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, on multiple projects
- This job description reflects the core activities of the role although there will be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
Our client offers a wide array of benefits, from healthcare and dental cover to pension scheme, bonus opportunities and more.
Please Quote Ref: JK14/171107
Or share this job: